Doctor insights on:
Thyroid Cancers Nodules
Is there a need to remove a thyroid cancer nodule of less than 2 CM in diameter or can it be treated naturally? Thanks
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Cell growth: Nodules are another word for a mass. Cancers generally form masses. About 20% of the population have thyroid nodules at some point during their lives. About 70% are benign; of the remaining 30%, 80% are papillary thyroid carcinoma, which is a very low aggressive form of cancer to have. Follicular, medullary and undifferentiated carcinoma make up the rest, with some rare types. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have 20% thyroid cancer in left nodule it remove already i I'm cancer free now or we need to remove the right thyroid also thx ?
Please clarify: Hi. We don't grade thyroid cancer by percentage of a nodule involved. If you have thyroid cancer, you have it. If the cancer was a microfocus, it can be ignored. If the nodule was cancer, depending on nodule size, you may need a completion thyroidectomy followed by 131-iodine therapy. That landscape is somewhat in transition. Speak with an experienced endocrinologist who can see path report. ...Read more
Can a neck MRI show thyroid nodules/cancer? Enlarged thyroid, upcoming routine MRI for ms... Could the test look at both issues?
Do growing thyroid nodules equal cancer? I have 2 that have increased in size. The largest measured 1.9x1.7cm in oct. Now 2.6x2.7cm. Worried...
Is there a greater chance of cancer in thyroid nodules in men? Mine is dominate, solid, homogeneous, and hypervastic measuring over 1cm on US.
Yes: Studies have demonstrated that thyroid nodules are twice as common among women than men. However, nodules in men are relatively more likely to be malignant. Risk of a malignant nodule is greater too if the patient is older than 60 years of age or less than 15 years old. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Options: You could rebiopsy. Maybe this time, also send out one tube for gene expression (molecular cytopath) to aid in the diagnosis. You could also go for surgery with biopsy taken while under anesthesia (frozen section) and proceed with total thyroidectomy if the intraoperative biopsy showed cancer. You could follow closely with ultrasound and rebiopsy if changes are seen with the nodule... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends: Thyroid nodules are mostly ( 80-90%) benign . But it depends on their size and rate of change(growth in their size). A repeat Ultrasound study of your Thyroid should be done(I am sure your doctor must have advised you to do so)) in 6 to 12 months time to reassess for any growth in the nodules in your Thyroid. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Multiple thyroid nodules cancer
- Size of thyroid nodules and cancer
- Hypodense thyroid nodule cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of thyroid nodule cancer?
- Calcification of thyroid nodule mean cancer
- Percentage of single thyroid nodule being cancer
- If i have thyroid nodules does that mean i have thyroid cancer
- Talk to a oncologist online for free