Doctor insights on:
Anti Thrombin 3 deficiency had achy calves now getting sharp shooting pain from upper inner thigh to knee, worried if sign of another dvt?
Yes: You are at high risk of forming deep vein thrombi given your pro-thrombotic state. CAll 911 and go the nearest ER immediately for evaluation. ...Read more
Had a lupus anticoagulant test done all was normal except for a high thrombin time at 22.8 is this serious? Factor 5 also runs in my family.
Hi- blood test shows low thrombin time - 14 while the normal rate is between 16-20- does my blood tend to clot? Thank you
Not always: U mean: PTT vs. Pt? The partial thromboplastin time (PTT) measures the intrinsic pathway of the coagulation cascade; the protime (pt), the extrinsic. The pt is commonly affected by vitamin k antagonists (think: coumadin); the ptt, by heparin. Clotting factor deficiencies may also prolong both pt and ptt, but formal hematologist testing is required. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Direct thrombin inhibitor
- Thrombin digestion protocol
- Thrombin cleavage protocol
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Thrombin time vs prothrombin time
- Thrombin clotting time
- Topical thrombin spray
- Thrombin time and lupus anticoagulant
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free