Doctor insights on:
Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm And Aortic Dissection
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
It's OK to fly: There's nothing about flying that will adversely affect your thoracic aortic aneurysm. You should have it evaluated by a vascular surgeon, depending on its size, at least annually. Our usual threshold for repair of a thoracic aneurysm that is not causing symptoms (e.g., pain) is around 6 cm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm dissection
- Ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between a thoracic aneurysm and a thoracic aortic aneurysm?
- Is chest pain an initial symptom of thoracic aortic aneurysm?
- Ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm size criteria
- Weight lifting restrictions with thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free