Doctor insights on:
Think Metatarsalgia Able Heels
Please add Comment: Can you tell us why you think you have that diagnosis. Also what height heels are you considering? Sometimes we need to go with function over fashion and put away (or sell) pointed or narrow-toed high-heeled shoes in order to avoid problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You need to : Determine what is causing the metatarsalgia. Is it a tight achilles tendon, is it hammer toes causing retrograde buckling on the metatarsal heads? Is it a neuroma or 2 causing the pain. Orthotics happen to work well and can be tried prior to considering a surgical procedure. ...Read more
It depends: On how extensive the surgical procedure is, and how many bones are operated on and what time of fixation (plates, pins, screws) are used. Talk to an experienced foot surgeon for a more specific answer for your need. Bone typically needs 6 weeks to heal enough to return to most normal everyday activities. ...Read more
Probable: The position of the foot plays a key factor in the problems you describe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are people able to think more clearly after an epidural hematoma?
- Will i be able to wear high heels after a tummy tuck
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Running with metatarsalgia
- What is metatarsalgia?
- Treatment of metatarsalgia
- Severe metatarsalgia
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free