Doctor insights on:
Things You Should Do Befor You Go Under General Anesthesia
Meet anesthesiologis: General anesthesia is very safe. It is important to not eat the day of surgery, take any medications they tell you to early in the morning with some water. Discuss with the anesthesiologist your medical history, your procedure, and the anesthetic plan. Then relax, we'll take good care of you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very Few Know: With modern anesthetics we try and shut down the memory of the patient before they go to the or. Once they can't remember what happened, it is very hard to find out what they felt as they went to sleep. Without sedatives the very medication that is used to put people to sleep blocks memory formation, so we have the same problem. Same with waking up. Patients come to in the pacu after the op. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need a simple explaination for this. What happens to your body when you go under general anesthesia?
Brain waves: Your brain waves ( EEG ) will change and it depends what level of general anesthesia . The deeper the level the more changes. Your blood pressure and pulse may get lower. Your breathing will slow down then stop at some point if muscle relaxant is used. That is why you must have assisted venilation by the anesthesiologist. That why your vital signs, oxygen saturation must be monitored continuosly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm taking codeine everyday for pain and have to go under general anesthesia for d & c am i more at risk of something going wrong? (54 yrs old female
Both have : Risks and benefits. Discuss your options with the surgeon and anesthesiologist and they will give you their best recommendations. ...Read more
Can you breathe on your own with arthoscopic shoulder surgery? I know you go under general anesthesia
If you go under general anesthesia , without a muscle relaxer.. would you still need an artificial airway ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Colonoscopy under general anesthesia
- What is it like to be under general anesthesia?
- What does it feel like to be put under general anesthesia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a tonsillectomy without general anesthesia in the us?
- How do doctors decide whether to use general or local anesthesia?
- Do you get anesthesia for a colonoscopy?
- Do you need anesthesia for colonoscopy?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free