Doctor insights on:
Thieves Household Cleaner
Scabies: There is no need to apply insecticides to clothing, bedding or environmental surfaces. All bedding, towels, and clothes used by the scabies-infested individuals should be washed in hot water and a typical laundry detergent. Clothes and bedding that can not be washed should be dry cleaned or left open and unused for 3-4 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Clorox wipes do not contain bleach. If there is a blood spill, the cdc recommends cleaning it with one part bleach to ten parts water. Wear gloves. Hcv is only transmitted if the hcv gets inside the body so never try to clean blood, etc if you have cuts or open sores that might come in contact with it. ...Read more
See below: Depends on how the exposure is. If ingested, exposed to the eyes or a mucosa surface, the detergents can be harmful. If you have any concerns about a present exposure, call your local poison control center for advise. ...Read more
Can you get raccoon roundworm from using soap to wash face from a soap dispenser used by someone who washed there hands after touching dirty dog paws?
No: Assuming you know how to wash the face with soap and thoroughly rinse with water, then there shouldn't be concern. The mechanical act of cleaning the face and rinsing with water will remove any parasites and ova from the skin surface, despite whatever may be in the liquid soap (unless the soap was ingested, which would be a troubling thought). Hope this helps. ...Read more
Contact dermatitis: I think your question is if clothes washed in a laundry machine could be contaminated with nickel? If this is your question then no, it is unlikely that machine would seep nickel into clothes. Try changing to fragrant-free, dye-free detergent to see if this helps. See an allergist to exam rash and provide further treatment and evaluation. Patch testing helpful to determine sensitivities. ...Read more
Would 70% isopropyl alcohol be a sufficiently effective cleaner for toilets, plungers and other surfaces contaminated with fecal matter?
Will a person die if he or she ingests the common household bleach called clorox? (6.0% sodium hypochlorite)
Yes, unless it's...: Yes, bleach will kill a person if too much is ingested. However, because bleach kills things, we can use bleach to purify water. After a disaster, if water is contaminated, one can add 4-5 drops of bleach to each quart or liter of water to purify the water for drinking. ...Read more
How does one fumigate and irritate?
Im a property housekeeper
I have to clean serious nasty dirty apartments oven cleaners and clorox cleaners mixed
TimeForAngie'sList: You hire someone who knows what they're doing and owns the proper protective equipment (skin, eyes, lungs). Or,read up on that and buy that equipment, otherwise you could do some serious damage to those parts of your body.Or,get someone over to give you an estimate of what would be necessary and then advise you. Or...lower your expectations of what kind of tenant(s) you'll rent to. Be careful!! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
15 weeks pregnant. Used lysol cleaning wipes to clean bathrooms. No gloves. Had room fan on, and no windows. Is this ok? Wipes also contain peroxide.
Cleaning products: Lysol wipes are safe and peroxide used topically is safe as well, i'm not aware of any pregnancy warnings. The fan is helpful and if there are fumes, the window should be open. There are however lots of natural cleaning solutions that you can make yourself that would be safer. ...Read more
Wash clothes with no bleach, dry in sunlight and ironing will kill adenovirus (conjunctivitis)? My friend with conjunctivitis used my clothes
Is lysol spray safe to use on clothes fabrics like cotton? I used to disinfect germs. Will it ruin color or fabric?
Don't know: "Using Lysol Safely -Lysol Fabric Mist can be sprayed onto pillows, mattresses and other bedding materials. Allow the bedding to dry completely before contact with skin." Per: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/can-use-lysol-blankets-101504.html ...Read more
Skin Damage: No it is not safe. It is extremely unwise and dangerous. ...Read more
Yes: Theoretically yes. If she is not emptying the receptacle or changing the bag between jobs, then yes. Also, if she knows she serviced a place with dust mites, she should disinfect her equipment. ...Read more
Only if the enamel..: ...Is in itself toxic. Oaxacan pottery, from mexico, is a famous offender. ...Read more