Doctor insights on:
Thickening Of The Skin On The Fingers
Hands started itching 1 week ago. No visible rash. Some skin-colored thickened skin on fingers, peeling. No change in hydration, products, foods.
Could periodic rapid thickening (then splitting and peeling) of skin on tips of all fingers and toes combined with rust colored pits on finger pads indicate an autoimmune problem?
Its possible: Rough, thick skin on the finger tips with cracks and discoloration can be related to repeated exposure to chemicals/dry environment. This can also be seen is polymyositis and dermatomyositis which are autoimmune diseases involving primarily the muscles and skin respectively. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Simply stop doing it: It would not cause serious problem. But you'd better cover it with bandaid to let it regrow. I assume it did not cause bleeding yet. ...Read more
Show it to a doctor.: A questionable finding on your skin should be examined in person by a physician. Best of luck. ...Read more
Recover from what?: Recover from what? Resubmit with specifics.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have a lot of skin coming off my finger tips what should I fo i don't know how it started and when
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thickened skin on fingers
- Remedies for thickening of the skin on the fingers
- Herbal treatment for thickening of the skin on the fingers
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for thickening of the skin on the fingers?
- Skin thickening
- Shortening and thickening of fingers and toes
- How to thicken skin?
- Talk to a dermatologist online