Doctor insights on:
Thickened Endometrium Lining
After 3 months of medication my Endometrium lining still thicken it is 15mm. what is the right thing to do?
Endometrial lining: Usual dimension for endometrial lining is less than 10 mm. . Depending on the "medication", the lining can react to become "15 mm. thick" and still pose no immediate cause for alarm. There are conditions which would require a tissue sample, however, and you should consult your healthcare professional for advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably nothing: If periods are persistently heavy, it may be reasonable to hysteroscope and check for polyps. ...Read more
No! Only consider if: Tumor or uncontrolled bleeding. Thickening is a result of ongoing estrogen stimulation, in preparation for pregnancy, implantation ; blood supply to support placenta. 17 mm is quite thick; a few courses of bc pills can suppress if judged appropriate. Best to seek out and work with someone worthy of your trust. Docs paid for d;c, poorly for better assistance, buyer beware, as always. ...Read more
Yes : In postmenopausal women an endometrial thickness less than 5 is normal. At your age of 29 an endometrial thickness is not particularly relevant. It will thicken as you go through the month and then thin out after the menstrual cycle. Unless you are going through ivf treatments or it is being measured for some other specific reason it is not clinically relevant. ...Read more
What is the acceptable range for endometrium lining before and after menopause for 50 yrs Asian women? If within range, is biopsy required for my age?
Confused?: Are you planning to get pregnant? If not a lining thickness of 8 may not be a problem. It all depends on your cycle length. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thickening of the endometrium lining
- Thickened heterogeneous endometrium
- Ovarian cysts and abnormal uterine lining thickening
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does the lining of the uterus thicken?
- Thickening of uterine lining before menopause
- Thickened endometrium missed period spotting and ovarian cyst
- Thickened uterine lining seen on ultrasound
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free