Doctor insights on:
Theophylline Side Effects
Methylxanthine: This class of drugs is called methylxanthines and are typically given today as oral pills. They may improve the contractions of the diaphragm and also improve a patients response to bronchodilators like albuterol. Side effects can include nausea, vomiting, tremor and fast heart rate. ...Read more
Medicine and in tea: Theophylline is an older drug used to treat asthma or copd, it works as a bronchodilator. It requires monitoring of drug levels so is not often used anymore except in difficult to manage cases. It naturally occurs in black tea, and is degraded by the liver to caffeine. ...Read more
Singulair (montelukast) and theoph: depends on whether your doctor has prescribed them together. There is normally not a significant interaction between the two. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Theophylline in hot cocoa
- Alternative treatments for theophylline use
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects
- What are the side effects of anapsique?
- What are the side effects of vitalux?
- Side effects of regranex
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free