Doctor insights on:
The Regular Abdominal Xray Can You See An Aortic Aneurysm If I Had One
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
Get an Ultrasound: Plain x-rays use ionizing radiation and can miss many aneurysms - only images the ones that have a lot of calcium in them (many don't have calcium at all). Ultrasound uses sound waves and sees just about every aneurysm so it's the very best screening test! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Location location: An aortic aneurysm is a weakening of the wall of the aorta causing it to balloon out. In most cases this weakening is in the part of the aorta below the kidney arteries. Sometimes an aneurysm may involve the part of the aorta where the kidney arteries originate. These type of aneurysms are more challenging to treat especially if you are pursuing a minimally invasive option. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone use a hyperbaric chamber if he or she has had an aortic aneurysm?
- Can you have a concusions even if you have not had an unusual blow to the head?
- Would a doctor be able to see if you had arthritis or gout from an mri and xrays
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you see an ovarian cyst on xray?
- How much weight can you lose in one month if you go to the gym every day?
- Can i still get an std if i have had a hysterectomy?
- Can you donate eggs if you had an abnormal pap smear with mild abnormalities?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free