Doctor insights on:
The Regular Abdominal Xray Can You See An Aortic Aneurysm If I Had One
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
Get an Ultrasound: Plain x-rays use ionizing radiation and can miss many aneurysms - only images the ones that have a lot of calcium in them (many don't have calcium at all). Ultrasound uses sound waves and sees just about every aneurysm so it's the very best screening test! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No,should not: Elective ( means not as in ruptured one ) aortic surgery has excellent result , with very low mortality. Recently more and more cases are being done by endovascular stents with out opening abdomen ( similar to coronary stents) observation for small aneurysms , surgery only if size is increasing, may be causing anxiety. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are there warning signs for an aortic aneurysm? Any ways to prevent one? Is there an exam that shows if you are susceptible to one?
Perhaps: Positive family history, marfans or connective tissue disease, hypertension, smoking, no absolute predictors, but good accurate exams and imaging are available. Aneurysm can affect any part of the aorta - chest, abdomen pelvis and any named vessel! so full history and exams are relevant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you see a bone tumor on an xray?
- Can you see an ovarian cyst on xray?
- Will an abdominal aortic aneurysm make you tired
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Would a doctor be able to see if you had arthritis or gout from an mri and xrays
- Can a person with an abdominal aortic aneurysm lift weights safely?
- Can an abdominal aortic aneurysm be detected on a gall bladder ultrasound test?
- Can someone use a hyperbaric chamber if he or she has had an aortic aneurysm?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free