Doctor insights on:
The Most Common Cyanotic Congenital Heart Defect Is What
Tetralogy of Fallot: Tof- ventricular septal defect, (vsd, hole between the right and left ventricles), narrowing of the pulmonary outflow tract (the valve and artery that connect the heart with the lungs), overriding aorta (the artery that carries oxygen-rich blood to the body) shifted over the right ventricle and vsd instead of coming out only from the left ventricle, and thickened right ventricle. ...Read more
What are the odds of having Heart failure at age 22, if you have no previous congenital heart defect? Is it unlikely? Yes or no.
CHF: CHF would be highly unlikely in an otherwise normal 22y/o. ...Read more
Is heart failure unlikely in a young person 12-22, If the person has no previous congenital heart defect? Is the chance Low, normal or high? Yes or no
They vary widely: A congenital heart defect may be so mild that there are no symptoms during an individual's lifetime. At the other end of the spectrum, there may be severe distress at the time of birth. There are many different types of congenital heart defects and levels of severity such that a description of common symptoms is usually related to a specific defect. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broad category: This label applies to some problems that self correct and some that need heart surgery. The specifics are defined by the defect. Have an evaluation done by the most qualifies source available. Once the information is in, a plan can be formulated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common congenital abnormality in diabetic pregnancies?
- What is the result of ultrasound for pregnancy in congenital heart defects?
- What is the most common symptom of a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most common cause of heart attacks?
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- What is the most common treatment for a bruised collar bone?
- What are the most common side effects of heart bypass surgery?
- Talk to a pediatrician online