Doctor insights on:
The Fibriods Truned Into Cancer
Hi, I'm 48 yo, have endometriosis, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, pre-menopausal. CA 125 was around 200's then 159 the last one was 210 any concerns?
Likely, no: CA 125 is not recommended as a screening tool for ovarian cancer when used in risk-based stratification. Meaning, assuming that your mom or sister didn't get diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Normal for women with endometriosis to have elevated CA-125. It sounds like your doctor has done Ultrasound to evaluate ovaries as well. Your MD knows your history and risk, likely this CA-125 level is normal ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Uterine fibroids are the most common pelvic tumor in women. 1 of every 3 women of child-bearing age have these tumors and up to 80% of african-american women have fibroids. They are often asymptomatic but they can also cause significant symptoms. It is the most common cause of heavy menstrual bleeding. Pelvic pain and increased urinary frequency ...Read more
I was wondering if a hysterectomy could be done despite not having a medical problem (e.G. Fibriods, cancer, etc.)? I have extremely painful, heavy bleeding on my periods. It sometimes affects my day because it is too much.
No: Fibroids are benign, noncancerous growths of uterine muscle cells. They do not cause cancer. Rarely, a cancer called sarcoma can develop in the muscle layer of the uterus. This may present as a rapidly growing tumor that was initially thought to be a fibroid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The medical term for fibroids is leiomyomata. They are benign tumors that arise from smooth muscle cells; they do not become cancerous. The cancerous counterpart is called leiomyosarcoma. The problem is the inability to distinguish between the two without taking them out and looking at the cells under the microscope. Uterine tumors that enlarge quickly should be evaluated and possibly removed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Going into the er with undiagnosed ovarian cancer
- What are the chances of hpv turning into cervical cancer?
- Canker sore vs. oral cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- The side of my nipple is slightly dimpling was that mean i have a breast cancer
- Life expectancy for lung cancer metastasized to the brain
- Life expectancy with cancer cells in fluid around the lung
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free