Doctor insights on:
The Dangers Risks Of Taking Silica
18 w pregnant. Hairbrush handle busted open. Made of silica/silicone gel. Scared it could be in my hair & get ingested at some point. Is it dangerous?
I dont know: I wouldnt eat it. Might check with your local health department to see if sand is toxic. Also might want to see a doctor and discuss your habit. In some cases, it is possible you may have nutritional deficiency that may be creating this unusual food interest. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I realised that there was a bit of sand in my cooked vegetables for dinner just now. Just wondering if accidentally eating sand in food was dangerous?
Should be ok: you most likely will pass the sand through your digestive tract. ...Read more
I've had a sunburn through the summer & it's all patchy because of the sand and missing certain spots with sunscreen. Is this dangerous?
Normal Process: As injured skin heals, the body creates inflammation which means fresh blood goes to the area and with it, many kinds of healing factors and cells. One type is called melanocytes which carry our skin pigment melanin. A healing occurs, these cells may or may not return to the area and give it the brownish or lack of coloration you see. There might be some changes as the injury matures. ...Read more
Is there any long term complications that develop from repeated exposure to ferro manganese (femn) or ferro silica (fesi)? I work in a steel foundry.
So I was told that a one time exposure to silica does not cause silicosis as opposed to repeated exposure. Why is that? Domacrophages tolerate smaller
Silica: Silica is a mineral remedy from the 3rd row of the periodic table. It's sometimes needed in patients who have very low self-confidence, and who long to be seen in a special way by others. They may be very obstinate, yet extremely anxious about details. Silica can also help in certain kinds of pharyngitis, sinusitis, and abscesses. The "x" means a potency on the decimal scale, such as 12x. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the dangers of taking papaya enzymes?
- Is there a connection between taking vitamin b12 and the risk of blood clots?
- What are the dangers of taking flomax with zantac 150?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the risks of taking prednisone and albutoral when you have copd?
- What are the dangers of taking bovine pituitary extract?
- What are the dangers of taking caffeine pills?
- What are the dangers of not taking your antibiotics for your sinus infection?
- What are the risks of taking somnapure?