Doctor insights on:
The Best Brand Of Healthy Frozen Dinner
Lowest in carbs"?: I would suggest looking at the nutrition labels for the ones lowest in carbohydrates. Big picture: frozen foods often have preservatives and salts which tend to be bad for you and probably negate all your efforts to control diabetes. I know it isnt always feasible, but fresh foods are the way to go. Good luck. ...Read more
Freezing is to mean turning liquid into solid form by lowering the temperature. Water begins to freeze at 32 degree f or 0 degree celsius. Freezing reduces the movement of the substance/object--solid. Also commonly used in daily communication--police says to a perpetraitor "freeze" and hopefully the bad boy/girl stays solid/still (just for fun :-)). Have ...Read more
Reasonable: Most health experts recommend a total of between 1, 500 and 2, 400 mg of sodium per day. So your 400 mg sodium for one frozen meal is reasonable. For a more informative report on food and salt intake: http://cspinet.Org/salt/saltreport.Pdf their newsletter subscriptions are a great investment in your health, i think. They sure open my eyes as both a physician and fellow eater! ...Read more
Usually not healthy.: Prepared, packaged, frozen and other 'ready to eat' or 'heat and eat' food are usually not healthy. To be healthy, eat high fiber, low fat, very low saturated fat, very low sugar (simple carbs), no juice, no soda, no gatorade. Limit sweets a lot. Eat regular meals spaced evenly through the day - do not eat most of your calories at dinner. Get 22-30 min of exercise (a brisk walk) every day. ...Read more
Read labels: I may be missing your question, but i think if you read the labels on your prepared frozen foods you'll find a considerable amount of both salt and calories (often from fat) in those products. Added salt and empty calories are not part of a healthy diet--which should otherwise include moderation, small portion sizes, lean meats, whole grains, and (preferrably) fresh fruits and vegetables. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best brand of contacts for astigmatism?
- What is the best brand of hcg drops?
- What brand of sunglasses provide the best protection for lighter colored eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which brand of d vitamin out there is the best or most reliable
- The best brands of ginseng tea
- Is walgreens or whole foods the best brand of vitamin e supplement?
- What brand of over-the-counter teeth whitening strips works the best?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free