Doctor insights on:
I had a tetnus booster in 2012 but no other tetnus imunisations since early childhood- am I immune?
Son bumped arm into something that had metal sticking out small cut getting tetnus booster tomorrow big lump underneath w/ blood does lump need ER ?
I was scratched by a wire on a dirty chicken coop today. I have had a tetnus shot in the last 7 years do I need a booster. It did bleed.
Usually every 10 yrs: After the initial childhood series, a td (tetanus and diphtheria) booster is recommended every 10 yrs. If there is a significant wound, a booster is recommended if it has been 5 or more years since the last one. Also, one of the boosters is recommended in the form of a tdap (with an "acellular pertussis" or whooping cough component). A prevention iphone app with more info: my health checklist 2012. ...Read more
Protection wears off: The protection provided by a tetanus shot usually provides ample levels of circulating antibody protection for up to ten years. After that point it fades & the person may develop tetanus if exposed. Protection from tetanus & several other bacteria based vaccines does not last as long as most viral vaccines & must be boosted periodically to maintain protection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Nitric oxide booster side effects
- Having a booster for mmr and wondering does it hurt
- Meningitis booster shot side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tetanus booster abbreviation
- Hcg level in positive pregnancy test after hcg booster
- Tetanus booster frequency
- The best over-the-counter energy boosters
- Appetite suppressant and metabolism booster pills at gnc stores