Doctor insights on:
Tetanus Shot Alcohol
I was just bitten by my son's hamster. It broke the skin. Do I need a tetanus shot, or will I just clean it with alcohol?
Husband got puncture wounds from new barb wire. Does he need a tetanus shot? He hasn't had one in over 10 yrs. If so, how long can he wait?
After Primary Imm10y: The Immunisation to prevent Tetanus is started in first yearand up to 4to6 years of age called Primary Immunisation The vaccine used is DPT(Diptheria,Teatanus,Pertussis) and protects against 3 disease. Given at 2,4,6,15-18 months and next 4to6 years.Then at age of 11 as Tdap vaccine.And a booster every 10 years after that as DT or Tdap. But if there is contaminated wound and last shot >5 yrs Shot ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the flu shot?
- How long is my arm going to hurt after getting a tetanus shot?
- Can you drink after a tetanus shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is a tetanus shot good for?
- For how long does a tetanus shot make your arm sore
- Time frame for tetanus shot after injury
- How long can you wait to get a tetanus shot?
- Talk to a pediatrician online