Doctor insights on:
Is it normal for a urologist to perform a (DRE) without asking if patient agrees and explaning why to determine the cause of a hernia/testicular pain?
A hernia is a hole in the abdominal wall thru which the inner lining protrudes thru, creating a sac. Organs from within the abdominal cavity, such as the intestine, can protrude thru the hole and get stuck in the sac. Many hernias develop during fetal life and become evident in childhood or as an adult. Some develop following a prior abdominal operation. The cornerstone ...Read more
Is it required for a urologist to perform a rectal exam on a patient in trying to determine the cause of a hernia/testicular groin pain? If so why?
Upcoming op for recurrent sport hernia. Prev. op was open suture without mesh. New surgeon will use open anterior w/mesh. Risk of testicular damage?
Caution: Not a simple problem. If you have had a previous open repair, and you're still having pain, I would strongly recommend a laparoscopic repair IF you need one. Only about 20% of inguinal repairs are done this way, so you'll have to find a surgeon w/ enough training/experience. Try the Americas Hernia Society website to find one near you. Hope this helps! ...Read more
Testicular pain. Worst during ejaculation. Ultrasound shows hydrocele but no can say what is really causing it. Could umbilical hernia cause the pain?
Does trauma to the testicles causing hernia, and surgical removal, always leave behind a hematocele resembling testicular cancer that lasts many years?
Can a groin pull which leads to pain in the scrotum and a testicular trauma which lead to a groin pull cause inguinal hernia?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Testicular pain after hernia repair
- Can a hernia cause testicular pain?
- Testicular pain after inguinal hernia surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can an inguinal hernia cause testicular entrapment?
- Testicular pain after hernia surgery
- Inguinal hernia testicular swelling
- Testicular swelling after inguinal hernia repair
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free