Doctor insights on:
Test Allergic Vasculitis
Blood testing: Testing for systemic signs of inflammation with c-reactive protein levels or erythrocyte sedimentation rate is often performed. Testing for auto-immune antibodies such as anti-nuclear antibodies (ana screening) or rheumatoid factor may be needed. In addition, evidence of complement protein cascade activation (ch-50) may be useful to detect active inflamation periods. Biopsy is the best test. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
YES, IT MAY: First, what exact vasculitis you mean. If it is churg-strauss, it can cause damage in lungs, some nerves, even leading to paralysis, heart problems. Kidneys - rarely. Even allergic vasculitis affecting mainly the skin may cause complications inside the body. Even allergic vasculitis that is usually limited to the skin (see website below), can be associated with damage to internal organs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Skin biopsy result: superficial to mid dermal perivascular lymphocytic infilitrate with focal basal vacuolar changes.does thismean allergic vasculitis?
Many: There are many tests for vasculitis that should be done. Discuss this with your doctor as the list can be very long. This is because there are so many different causes for vasculitis, ranging from infection, medications, auto inflammatory conditions, cancer and several other causes. Get it checked out. ...Read more
neurologist: Neurologist or perhaps rheumatologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the main diagnostic test for allergic vasculitis?
- Allergic vasculitis symptoms
- Causes of allergic vasculitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic hypersensitivity vasculitis
- Allergic vasculitis infants breast milk allergy
- Allergic reaction to tuberculosis test
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free