Doctor insights on:
How long can iliopsoas tendonitis and sartorial tendonitis last in a 17 yr f if nsaids, pt, steroid fail for 1.5 yrs & all treatment is stopped?
Get a 2nd opinion: These areas of your supposedly tendinitis are extremely unusual. Get another opinion. ...Read more
Tendonitis Rx: These commonly occur together. If possible the first thing to do is figure out the cause. Repetitive motions are commonly responsible. Splinting and rest, with ice, compression, and elevation are the initial mainstays of therapy followed by possible nsaids or anti-inflammatories if not contra-indicated. Stronger medications are recently available and use of injections could be considered later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tendonitis Rx: Protection is #1. Most soft tissue problems will clear with rest. Sometimes we recommend a splint. Tendons have low blood supply so it takes time: 2-3 weeks for moderate inflammation, then add two weks for late healing. Don't go back too soon. Early on ice can help; later heat. Topicals like diclofenac (voltaren gel) are helpful at qid. If these don't work, local corticosteroids may be needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
YES: Ice after activity can reduce inflammation and help with soreness. Do not put the ice directly on the affected area; wrap in towel or plastic bag. In general do not ice for more thatn 15-20 minutes. Be awares the ice will numb the area and you give yourself frostbite (have seen it). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can achilles tendonitis cause knee pain?
- How do you get rid of tendonitis in the wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Voltaren gel for tendonitis
- I have tendonitis in my right ankle how long will it take to heal
- Gout attacks cause inflammation tendonitis
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free