Doctor insights on:
Temporary Blurred Vision Causes
Dry Eye Syndrome: The most common cause of temporary or fluctuating blurred vision is dry eye syndrome. Our tear production decreases by 60% from age 16 to age 60. Other causes of dry eye include various medicines, smoking, certain auto-immune diseases, environmental causes such as forced air heating and air conditioning. You should certainly see an eye md to rule out any serious causes. ...Read more
Yes and no: A popped blood vessel on the outside of the eye usually causes a subconjunctival hemorrhage, where the eye is bright red over the white part. This should not affect vision. A popped vessel on the inside, such as in diabetic retinopathy, can cause a vitreous hemorrhage, which definitely can cause blurry vision. ...Read more
Maybe : It depends where the blood vessel is. If it is in the eye yes. This would occur for several reasons the most common is diabetes but hypertension can do it. Other reason could be retinal detachment. If it is in the white of the eye also sclera, it looks terrible but little danger to affect sight or blurred vision. If is causing blurred vision , see eye doc now. One other cause is trauma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blurred vision: may have many causes. You can start at the tear film, then cornea, lens, the vitreous gel, retina, optic nerve and finally the brain. There are over 2 million parts that compose the eye and the visual system is very complex. A good eye examination will help determine the cause of your blurred vision. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of temporary blurred vision
- How can you get temporary blurred vision what can cause it?
- Causes of temporary blurred vision in both eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of temporary loss peripheral vision?
- Does sinus pressure cause blurred vision in one eye?
- Can sinus pressure cause blurred vision?
- Whats causing ringing in ear and blurred vision
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free