Doctor insights on:
Teens Drinking Soy Milk
Why drink soy?: Unless you are on certain medications (e.g. Doxycycline, thyroid supplements, etc) you probably don't need to time the soy milk intake. I would argue that you shouldn't be drinking soy milk everyday especially if you have history of thyroid disease. Soy(like other goitrogens) competes with thyroid hormone receptors in the body and may lead to low thyroid function. Why not try almond milk? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Soy allergy doesn't usually cause "gas"--this may be an intolerance, but not likely to be a true allergy. ...Read more
Is it safe for men to drink 8 ounces of soy milk per day? I'm debating between soy milk or almond milk.
Yes: Assuming you don't have any medical issues, it is completely safe to drink soy milk daily. It will not turn you into a woman as urban legend says. Whether to drink soy or almond milk is a personal choice of taste. ...Read more
Is there any interactions between drinking soy milk and taking accutane? Can i drink it when I am on accutane?
Notparticularly: Not necessary for health.Get a more detailed answer ›
Soy milk: Yes it is good and healthy, so is hemp milk and low fat cow's milk. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Babies drinking soy milk
- Drinking soy milk while pregnant
- What are the benefits of drinking soy milk?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Drinking soy milk during pregnancy
- Hair loss drinking soy milk
- What are the disadvantages of drinking soy milk?
- Itchy throat after drinking soy milk
- Talk to a pediatrician online