Doctor insights on:
Taxol Cooling Gloves
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division: Taxol is a chemotherapeutic agent that act to arrest rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells. As such, it can also impede certain "normal" cell division such as white blood cels. Cell counts must be monitored frequently during treatment with this agent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not too many: Taxol is contraindicated in patients who have a history of hypersensitivity reactions to taxol or other drugs made in cremophor el (polyoxyethylated castor oil). Taxol also should not be used in patients with solid tumors who have white counts of less than 1500 cells/mm3 or in patients with aids-related kaposi’s sarcoma with baseline white counts of less than 1000 cells/mm3. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is a cool mist or warm mist humidifier better for nose bleeds?
- Cool facts about the endocrine system
- Compression gloves for carpal tunnel
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon does hair grow back after taxol?
- How long does taxol stay in your system?
- How long does neuropathy last after taxol chemo?
- Chemotherapy side effects taxol skin rash
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free