Doctor insights on:
Taxol And Loss Of Taste
Nasal congestion: Loss of taste can be due to disease of the tongue but is most often due to a simultaneous loss of the sense of smell due to nasal congestion. Nasal congestion may be due to a viral upper respiratory infection, nasal allergies, or nasal polyps. Nasal sprays containing zinc & head trauma are less common causes for loss of smell and taste. ...Read more
Anosmia: Taste is mostly dependent on the sense of smell. Loss of that sense is called anosmia. A very common cause is head trauma, due to shearing of the tiny nerves from the nose going into the brain through a perforated cribiform plate at the base of the skull. Sudden jarring can sever those nerves. There are other conditions and medications that can impair this sense, too. ...Read more
Loss of taste while taking Risperdone, will I get my sense of taste back if I stop taking it? I've only taken it twice, and it sucks.
Is it normal to still have loss of taste even after a week after surgery (herniated cervical disks)?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My tongue feels dry and i have loss of taste
- Loss of smell and taste caused by concussion
- Loss of smell and taste after sinus infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for loss of smell and taste
- Loss of taste and smell due to cold
- Loss of smell and taste after cold
- Reasons for loss of taste and smell
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free