Doctor insights on:
Tattoos Cause Keloids
Yes: Keloids are caused by skin injury in susceptible people. While piercing is one of the most common causes, tattoos (due the injury caused by the needle) are also common. In addition, some people can have excessive reactions to certain tattoo pigments which can lead to scarring. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Tattoos on your breasts, or elsewhere, will not have any effect on your pregnancy or on breastfeeding your new baby. It may not be a good idea to get a new tattoo during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, because of the small risk of infection from the small breaks in the skin that ...Read more
Yes: But it can trigger a keloid too. Any skin injury can cause a keloid. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can people with keloid skin get tattoos?
- Can you get tattooed with keloid skin?
- How to get rid of keloids caused by piercings?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a tattoos get infected and cause a rash like exzema how is this treated?
- Want tattoo methotrexate rituxan will cause problems
- Keloids caused by ear piercings
- Does tattoo ink cause hepatitis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online