Doctor insights on:
Tattooed Keloid Skin
Yes: But it can trigger a keloid too. Any skin injury can cause a keloid. ...Read more
My father has keloid skin, so there's a chance I might have it. I got a tattoo and haven't experienced any keloids. Can I get my ears pierced also?
Yes: Keloids are caused by skin injury in susceptible people. While piercing is one of the most common causes, tattoos (due the injury caused by the needle) are also common. In addition, some people can have excessive reactions to certain tattoo pigments which can lead to scarring. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get tattooed with keloid skin?
- Can people with keloid skin get tattoos?
- Keloid on a tattoo
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tattoos cause keloids
- Keloid skin disorder
- Keloid skin disease
- Keloid skin tissue
- Talk to a dermatologist online