Doctor insights on:
Tattoo Allergic Reactions
I'm proned 2 allergic reactions but never a reaction to tattoo/hair dye. I just got a tattoo & hair dyed on same day (diff. Colors) will this harm me?
Tattoos on your breasts, or elsewhere, will not have any effect on your pregnancy or on breastfeeding your new baby. It may not be a good idea to get a new tattoo during pregnancy or while breastfeeding, because of the small risk of infection from the small breaks in the skin that ...Read more
I am allergic to tatto ink. Will laser removal cause the allergens to spread through my body and cause allergic reactions in other areas?
Possibly: There have been case reports of systemic allergic reactions to vaporized tattoo ink during laser removal including anaphyllactic reactions. Certain lasers are more prone to cause this reaction. If you have a history of a severe reaction to ink and must remove the tattoo, surgical methods of removal may be safer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Tattoos: If you have sensitive skin where you react to topical products constantly, it may not be a good idea to have a tattoo. I would avoid red dye at all cost and start with a small one in a non visible area to test it out first. ...Read more
Medical help: Please seek immediate medical help.Get a more detailed answer ›
Good question: I'm a fan and have two myself; curiously, there's a huge variety of inks. No lab test will reliably predict skin allergy. Your best bet is to visit with the artist and ask whether you could get a small injection of each color for trial. These folks are very interested in your having a good experience. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Epsom salt for allergic skin rash reactions
- How to get rid of allergic reactions on your face such as blemishes or pimples?
- Allergic reactions to arugula with mouth swelling
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic reactions to biotin
- Allergic reactions to champagne
- How long do allergic reactions last?
- Autoimmune and allergic reactions
- Talk to a dermatologist online