Doctor insights on:
Tar And Nicotine Levels In Cigarettes
No: I am not aware of that.Get a more detailed answer ›
I do not smoke cigarettes but i smoke shisha (hookah) which contains tobacco 0% tar and 0.05% nicotine.Is it better than cigarettes or dangerous too. ?
Dangerous also: It is the toxic residue of more than 4000 chemical compounds created by burning tobacco leaf that constitutes "Tar"THERE IS NO SAFE TOBACCOTar exposure from a light cigarette can be just as high as that from a regular cigarette if the smoker takes long, deep, or frequent puffs.The bottom line is that light cigarettes do not reduce the health risks of smoking.Even without additives tobacco=harm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Higher: Unfilterd except for those soluble in the water. ...Read more
Unable to say: cigarettes made and sold in India are not required to list their nicotine and tar content, but typically Indian cigarettes have >15 mg of tar and anywhere from 1-2 mg of nicotine. American 'light' cigarettes typically have 0.4-0.6 mg of nicotine and 8 mg of tar. There is NO such thing as a "safe" cigarette - please strongly consider quitting (or at least switching to e-cigs, which may be safer) ...Read more
Pretty quick: For the chemical to leave but the withdrwal will peak in1-2 days, last for weeks and cravings go for months or years. ...Read more
If I have a nicotine test in 5 days, and I smoked a couple of cigarettes today will I be able to pass?
Maybe, or not: There are several variables which effect the amount of cotinine, the byproduct of nicotine, which is measured. Second hand smoke may cause an elevation of the cotinine level. A big time heavy smoker, may have an evaluated level of weeks. Since even second hand smoke can elevate the cotinine, the issue of passing a test depends on the cutoff level from the tester. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Nicotine levels in electronic cigarettes
- Cigarettes with lowest tar and nicotine
- Low hcg levels and bleeding in early pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal hemoglobin and hematocrit levels in pregnancy
- What causes increased pyruvate levels in blood and urine?
- Causes for increase in bun and creatinine levels
- What happens in the uterus when estrogen and progesterone levels drop?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free