Doctor insights on:
Tampons And Vaginal Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
I use tampons & i heard they can increase risk of vaginal infections.Just getting off & i'm having a fishy odor, have reoccurring vag infections, bv?
That is true: Tampons need to be changed frequently, and acidolphilus pills daily can help prevent BV but if u think u have it u need to see a gyn for cultures and antibiotics either vaginal or oral. ...Read more
Not directly. : Many vaginal infections actually come from bacteria and yeast from the anal region. For example bacterial vaginosis bacterial usually come from the rectum. The most common bacteria causing uti's, e. Coli, same source. So, women with hemorrhoids and those without often times have the same bacterial and yeast infection issues. Its more of the region as the source. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a tampon cause a vaginal infection?
- Vaginal cyst tampons
- Tampon cause vaginal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Develop cancer vaginal douching tampons
- Infections caused by tampons
- Yeast infection yogurt tampon
- Yogurt on tampon for yeast infection
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free