Doctor insights on:
Tall Stature (Definition)
Tall stature may be normal or can be a symptom of a genetic or endocrine disorder.
Tall: No. The average female is 5 ft 4.5 inches. 5-6 is not much taller. I'd consider 5-10 or more tall for a woman. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Relative term: Most use the term tall stature when discussing the height of kids/adults in the top 10% of the population for their respective gender and age. Some limit the term to a narrower group in the top 5 or 3%. For example, a 6 foot 1 inch male adult would be included if the top 10% were uses but would need to be 6'2" to be in the top 5% or 6'3" to be a top 3%. ...Read more
Nope : thats the average ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, it is possible!: Typically long legs & large feet go with tall stature (like puppies with big paws) but not 100% of t he time. I do have a few patients with big feet who aren't tall. When the shoe size gets larger than 13, it becomes harder to find shoes in stores and you often have to search on-line & can be more expensive, hopefully they don't grow too large! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Tall stature children
- Remedies for tall stature
- Constitutional tall stature
- Herbal treatment for tall stature
- How to grow taller after 20 years old?
- How to grow taller after 18 for girls?
- Best sleeping position to grow taller
- Can i grow taller after 22?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free