Doctor insights on:
Taking Too Much Claritin
If a person has hives from a drug reaction but is truly allergic to benadryl, will taking a xyzal or Claritin help the reaction as much as benadryl?
Who knows: Work for what? Claritin supposedly starts working within 90 minutes. But Claritin is also the weakest binding antihistamine sold over the counter. Personally, i feel Claritin is a waste of money. Use a stronger antihistamine like fexofenadine or Cetirizine which cause minimal to no sedation. Use Benadryl only at nighttime because it can make you drowsy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not much: Many people are prescribed antihistamines at greater than standard doses to treat various conditions. Taking two of the standard 10mg tablets should not do much other than possibly make you sleepy. If you are going to take two don't drive or plan on working after you take them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Taking too much allegra
- Side effects of taking too much aleve
- Effects of taking too much thyroid medication
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does taking too much vitamin b make your hair fall out?
- The effects of taking too much robitussin cough syrup
- Symptoms of taking too much synthroid
- Side effects of taking too much advil
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free