Doctor insights on:
Taking Robitussin While Pregnant
Robitussin CF safe?: Cough suppressant,dextromethorphan is rated category C which means that no controlled studies in pregnancy have been done so weigh benefits vs risk. For the decongestant, phenylephrine, its also rated as category C.It can raise the baby's heart rate and blood pressure. If it were me,I would stick to Robitussin plain which is guaifenesin, also category C but just one drug with minimal systemic eff ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Not recommended: Robitussin is a risk category c for use during pregnancy. This means there are insufficient human studies to determine risk to the fetus, however animals studies show adverse effect and toxicity on fetus. This drug should be used only if the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. You should speak with your obgyn doctor prior to use. Check out safefetus.Com for other questions. ...Read more
I'm pregnant and have a cold. Is it ok for me to take nyquil or robitussin. I do not have any health problems or at risk for any. ?
Ask your OB: U should be asking all these ?S to yoru OB as yoru OB has specific meds that they will recommend usually that should be safe but ask your ob. ...Read more
Either one is fine: Either one is fine.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Always good to check with your doctor first, but ok. ...Read more
See below: There will not be any harm caused to the baby. ...Read more
Yes: Yes, but check with your OB as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Taking robitussin dm while pregnant
- How soon can you get pregnant while taking provera and metformin?
- Can you get pregnant while taking antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i become pregnant while taking medroxyprogesterone?
- How likley am i too get pregnant with pcos while taking metformin?
- Can taking laxatives while pregnant affect the baby?
- Side effects of taking castor oil while pregnant
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free