Doctor insights on:
Taking Methotrexate Ands B Vitamin Together
Methotrexate was originally used in the early 1950's as a treatment for cancer but was also found to be effective in many other diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It has anti inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties which make it an excellent first line therapy for RA ...Read more
What causes you to have a vitamin d deficiency (aside from lack of sun, correct foods etc usual stuff!) - methotrexate? Enbrel? Prednisone?
I take nabumetone, methotrexate, enbrel, plaquenil, vitamin d and folic acid for RA & dermatomyo. Which of these is making it difficult to lose wight?
Maybe: There is no harm in taking them together; however, b vitamins are commonly nauseating. Therefore, taking them together may increase the risk of nausea. I would suggest taking them at different times to prevent nausea and to minimize a large peak of b vitamins. Several smaller doses make the vitamin available throughout the day. ...Read more
Depends : If the daily supplement is a multi-vitamin the combined copper in the two vitamins might be excessive. If it is b vitamin one would want to check the total amount of b vitamins to make sure the levels were not more than the liver can metabolize in an hour. In the first trimester avoid herbal supplements. Additional vit d might be helpful in the winter months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I started taking multi vitamins and iron pill together two days after my deficationg was black.. What cause this?
Iron pills: Iron often causes black stool whether you take it with a multivitamin or not (taking vit c with iron enhances absorption. Quoting http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007478.Htm "black stools are normal when taking iron tablets. In fact, this is felt to be a sign that the tablets are working correctly.". ...Read more
YES: They may be taken safely togetherGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Taking methotrexate and nsaid together
- Will b vitamin prevent hair loss when taking methotrexate
- Will b complex vitamin prevent hair loss when taking methotrexate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking methotrexate and non steroidal anti inflammatory together
- Taking zinc and vitamin c together
- Taking biotin and b12 vitamins together
- The effects of taking b complex biotin together
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free