Doctor insights on:
Taking Methotrexate And The Flu
How safe is the flu vaccine when taken with an immunosuppressant like methotrexate? I take it for sjogrens syndrome.
Methotrexate was originally used in the early 1950's as a treatment for cancer but was also found to be effective in many other diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It has anti inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties which make it an excellent first line therapy for RA ...Read more
I have the flu I can't seem to shift it I'm taking leimsip and using Vicks vapour rub what else can I do to make it go away ?
A SkinTest: An allergist can perform a skin test. ...Read more
I got diagnosed with the flu on thurs I had symptoms on tues now I'm taking tamiflu how long do you think it will take to go away?
3-5 days: The Tamiflu will shorten the course of the flu, but it must be taken soon after the onset of symptoms. You were just the at the border line for that. Cont with the Tamiflu for the course. Keep pushing fluids as much as possible. Tylenol or Advil for pain and temp. See your DR if worsening or high temp ...Read more
Im scared of taking my 5month old in public with the flu going on do you think it ok as long as he's in his stroller with only the mesh part open?
Yes: As long as lot of folks are not coughing or sneezing near the baby, he should be fine. ...Read more
No but it can : Decrease symptoms. If you have the flu hydrate well w water, herbal teas, soup or juice. Drink sufficiently to have pale to light yellow urine. You can use pain relievers like tylenol or nsaid’s. Rest a lot! in some situations antiviral medications (tamiflu, relenza, flumadine) may be prescribed within the first couple of days of symptoms to hasten healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have high levels of liver enzymes after the flu and fevers?
- Body aches and the flu
- What is the main difference between swine flu and sars?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the pros and cons of taking pre natle pills when your not pregnant?
- What are the pros and cons of taking dhea for a teenager?
- What are the differences between hay fever and flu?
- What are the side effects of methotrexate and warfarin?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free