Doctor insights on:
Taking Methotrexate And Having Major Surgery
Why do I need to stop methotrexate & arava (leflunomide) before alif surgery? I can't take it for 2 months after, why?
Methotrexate was originally used in the early 1950's as a treatment for cancer but was also found to be effective in many other diseases including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis. It has anti inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties which make it an excellent first line therapy for RA ...Read more
My mom has RA will undergo in this two weeks hip replacment surgery..so she should stop taking adalimumab(humira) and methotrexate for surgery ?
Probably yes: The operating surgeon will direct you in the correct answer. These medicines may change immune system or risk of bleeding, but only the surgeon has the experience to direct your mom for best outcome. When to stoop and restart is crucial to allow the meds to continue controlling the underlying disease. ...Read more
Treatment for a cervical pregnancy, just took third shot of methotrexate. If hCG numbers don't go down by tuesday they want to do surgery. Hcg 1660?
Ectopic/cervical: You have a rare type of ectopic pregnancy which the md is using a first line of rx with Methotrexate in less than 8 weeks of gestation hopefully. If the HCG is still elevated the surgery is necessary to remove the pregnancy before it ruptures in the cervix through the uterine or descending vaginal artery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Taking methotrexate and having wrong site surgery
- Taking methotrexate and nsaid together
- Taking methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking methotrexate and anti inflammatory
- Infliximab infusion and taking methotrexate
- Taking methotrexate and the flu
- Taking anti inflammatory drug with methotrexate for ra
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free