Doctor insights on:
Taking Claritin With Alcohol
It should be fine 4u: Alcohol increases the chances of you becoming drowsy. If you are one of the few (less than 1% [12/1900]) who develop drowsiness on Claritin then ingestion alcohol will increase that effect. Yes i know the advertisements say that it is non drowsy. In reality it did cause somnolence and fatigue equal to placebo. Unfortunately, I am one of the special few that get drowsy after taking loratadine. ...Read more
I don't get drowsy at all taking loratadine. Should i be still concerned about possible interactions with alcohol?
Used a drug: Interaction checker - no significant interactions were noted. ...Read more
Not a good idea: Alcohol will worsen the sedative side effects of Claritin often to an unpredictable degree. Would not advise taking both at the same time. If you use Claritin often and know your susceptibility to side effects, then alcohol can be used with caution when taking it. Never drive in this scenario. And do not drink if you are underage, this is illegal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most likely, but....: Mixing Claritin with alcohol may or may not cause problems. generally claritin does not cause drowsiness, but people who develop drowsiness due to this drug are at an increased risk of experiencing negative effects due to such drug interaction; therefore they are advised to avoid drinking alcohol. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink alcohol with claritin d?
- Can taking alcohol with prescription drugs increase blood alcohol levels?
- Can i drink alcohol with claritin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking doxycycline with alcohol
- Taking dayquil with alcohol
- Will my brother die after taking 5 ecstacy tablets mixed with alcohol
- Ddavp ok with alcohol
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free