Doctor insights on:
Taking Acetaminophen With Anaprox
I'm used to taking naproxen and acetaminophen together but today, in my haste, I took 400 mg ibuprofen and 500 mg naproxen. Should I worry?
Yes: They can be taken together but if they're used long term, kidney function should be monitored as the combination can increase the risk of injury over time. ...Read more
Yes: Naproxen is an nsaid's (non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications) are very effective for mild to moderate pain. They work by inhibiting the inflammatory cascade. They work throughout the entire body. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is also a pain reliever for mild to moderate pain. The 2 medications work by different pathways and therefore can be taken together - i would suggest alternating the two. ...Read more
I have a terrible toothache, could i take naproxen and acetaminophen at the same time to ease some of the pain?
Yes: They're usually taken in an alternating fashion every 4-6 hours. ...Read more
See below: They typically do not pose any problems together unless you have health conditions that excludes you from taking these medicines. Check with your doctor before starting any new medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- Can i take ibuprofen or acetaminophen with cough or cold medicines?
- How likley am i too get pregnant with pcos while taking metformin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking tylenol with naproxen sodium
- Does taking levothyroxine cause problems with your sleep patterns?
- Can taking alcohol with prescription drugs increase blood alcohol levels?
- Taking claritin with alcohol
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free