Doctor insights on:
In short yes: Yes you can switch the timing but depending on the dose, you can have increased heart rates if there is a prolonged period of time between doses and if there is a shorter period of time between doses, you may have some dizziness from low heart rate or blood pressure. I suggest to switch without side effects, split the dose in half(if not succinate form) and take twoce a day for one transition day ...Read more
My BP is always on the lower side 80/54 avg..I take metoprolol 12.5 mg twice daily...is it concerning?
Somewhat: Your blood pressure may be too low for optimal health. As a general rule, maintaining a diastolic (bottom number) of at least 70 on average, if possible, is most likely to achieve a better outcome in the long run. This is especially true if you have seen a frequent tendency to feel light-headed after standing up. You may need an adjustment of one or more of your medicines. Talk to your prescriber. ...Read more
If you are supposed to take metoprolol twice a day, should you check you BP and pulse first before you take it? If its down, don't take it?
Pulse below50 depend: Ing in age and other risk factors, you want to let your doctor know asap what's happening. ...Read more
Yes: Yes but only on your doctor's prescription. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take nyquil if you take metoprolol?
- Is it safe to take butalbital and metoprolol together?
- Can you take ginger tea if you are taking metoprolol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can someone take metoprolol when taking flecainide?
- Can you take raspberry ketones with metoprolol?
- How long does metoprolol take lower the blood pressure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online