Doctor insights on:
Systems Of Heart Attack
No: Weakened immune systems in genera lhave little to do with heart attacks which result from decreased blood flow thru the coronary vessels. Such patients do not have an increased incideence of malignancy. Patients on certain chemotherapy due to impaired immunity do have a higher incidece of leukemia secondary to the leukemic virus. Other tumors also due to exogenious exposure to known viruses. ...Read more
Went to doc for heart attack systems 2weeks ago ekg and blood work good but still have the systems and I'm worried it could be my heart can it. Help?
Get more testing: If you're still suffering from symptoms eg angina or chest pain, then go see your FamilyDoc & Cardiologist for further testing. Check out http://www.medicinenet.com/heart_attack__symptoms_and_early_warning_signs/views.htm, http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/WarningSignsofaHeartAttack/Heart-Attack-Symptoms-in-Women_UCM_436448_Article.jsp & http://goo.gl/C3GkZL. Anxiety can do this ...Read more
Revascularization: The only way to stop a myocardial infarction is to re open the obstructed or nearly obstructed coronary artery. That is why if the coronary artery can be reopened within minutes after the obstruction the early and long term survival is improved. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Circulatory system heart attack
- What body systems are affected by a heart attack?
- How does a heart attack affect the circulatory system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Heart attack
- Diseases that attack the nervous system
- Virus that attacks the nervous system
- Panic attacks heart attack symptoms
- Talk to a cardiologist online