Doctor insights on:
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Sle Melasma
Autoimmune disease: A disease in which your body makes antibodies against your own cells. These antibodies cause destruction and inflammation which produce a wide variety of symptoms depending on what cells are being injured. There are some common symptoms and signs with the disease, but just about any symptom could be produced by lupus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Systemic lupus/teens: Yes it can appear in teens.Get a more detailed answer ›
SLE: Lupus erythematosus is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases, in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues.Symptoms of these diseases can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart, and lungs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is magic?: 1the use of anti-malarials in autoimmune diseases was accidentally discovered in treating wwii vets for malaria. Those with RA improved. Chloroquine and ho-q were tested in sle, with very positive results. In the early 80's canadian researchers definitively showed fewer sle flares with ho-q. It is considered the rx of first choice for :sle. We now understand more of the mechanisms, but not all. ...Read more
Yes: A common symptom of sle is arthritis or joint pain and swelling which can involve just one hand. Usually there will be other symptoms as well such malar rash (red rash over the cheeks), increased sensitivity to sun, possibly hair loss and rash on the body, hands or knuckles or scalp. ...Read more
With acute diffuse proliferative glomerulonephritis caused by systemic lupus erythematosus, why would a patient have uremia and hyperkalemia?
No cure but ...: Lupus cannot be cured but the symptoms can often be controlled. In the 1950s, 60% of lupus patients died within five years. Now, more than 90% survive beyond five years. Lupus can be mild. Many lupus patients have non-life threatening disease. Lupus can be severe. Kidney or brain involvement portends a worse prognosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is melasma a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Sle clarithromycin systemic lupus erythematosus
- Is fatigue a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is polyarthritis a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Is myalgia a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Is photosensitivity rash a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Is rash a symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus sle?
- Talk to a dermatologist online