Doctor insights on:
Syphilis Detectable Blood Test
Weeks to months: Testing for syphillis relies on both non-specific tests that can be falsley +or - and more specific germ tests as backup. A + or rising level of a screening test is confirmed by a germ test. The most specific test is finding the germ in material from a lesion. Since transmission ~30% per contact with an infected source, a single dose of penicillin is often given as early as exposure is suspected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your doctor: Your doctor can order a blood test and most hospital labs are capable for performing the test. A community health clinic may offer the service. ...Read more
Not possible: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes it can: The TPHA test (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) is a confirmatory test for syphilis. Usually it is done only after a positive screening test, such as the VDRL, RPR, or an EIA test. If you have had negative results on one of these plus the TPHA, you can be 100% certain you don't have syphilis and probably never did. ...Read more
How soon does syphilis show up in a blood test?There are diff names for certain tests, does it matter what test?Do they detect all in same time frame?
Syphilis: Usually within the first six weeks after a possible exposure. Syphilis is unique in that when one is infected in their mouth, vagina or rectum they may miss the first stage of syphilis because the sore it causes does not hurt. If one has an unexplained sore in this scenario then testing definitely should happen. But, in general six weeks. ...Read more
Would 28 days after exposure syphilis blood test be accurate and when you have a lesion does that mean syphikis is detect. In blood?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for syphilis to be detectable in a blood test?
- How long is nicotine detectable in blood test?
- False positive syphilis blood test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Syphilis blood test results
- Can you drink alcohol before a blood test?
- Drinking alcohol before blood test
- How long would it take herpes to show up on a blood test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free