Doctor insights on:
Syphilis Detectable Blood Test
Weeks to months: Testing for syphillis relies on both non-specific tests that can be falsley +or - and more specific germ tests as backup. A + or rising level of a screening test is confirmed by a germ test. The most specific test is finding the germ in material from a lesion. Since transmission ~30% per contact with an infected source, a single dose of penicillin is often given as early as exposure is suspected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your doctor: Your doctor can order a blood test and most hospital labs are capable for performing the test. A community health clinic may offer the service. ...Read more
Not possible: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes it can: The TPHA test (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) is a confirmatory test for syphilis. Usually it is done only after a positive screening test, such as the VDRL, RPR, or an EIA test. If you have had negative results on one of these plus the TPHA, you can be 100% certain you don't have syphilis and probably never did. ...Read more
Would 28 days after exposure syphilis blood test be accurate and when you have a lesion does that mean syphikis is detect. In blood?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for syphilis to be detectable in a blood test?
- How long is nicotine detectable in blood test?
- Syphilis blood test results
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- False positive syphilis blood test
- Is cytotec detectable by normal urine test?
- How long is marijuana detectable in blood?
- Syphilis test
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free