Doctor insights on:
Symptons Of Gerd
Everytime i eat or drink something, i feel like choking and chest feel tight while breathing. Are these GERD symptons?
Maybe: Gerd is usually controlled with lifestyle changes and medication. There are some who are "cured" with certain surgical procedures which don't allow the stomach contents to reflux up into the esophagus. See your pcp or a gastroenterologist or a surgeon who specializes in this area. Surgery is usually reserved for those who cannot get control with medications or have other reasons. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heartburn: Gerd is the medical term for heartburn. It stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is your stomach acid refluxing or rising up into your esophagus ( food pipe) which presents as a burning sensation. If left untreated for a long period it can lead to severe irritation and inflammation of the lining of the esophagus. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can gerd cause chest pain and shortness of breath?
- Is itching a sympton of multiple myeloma?
- What are the most common complications of a nissen fundoplication for gerd?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- First week symptoms of pregnancy
- Can the damage of the esophagus caused by stomach acid from gerd be healed?
- Symptons of hypothyroidism in young men
- Treatment of gerd in pregnancy
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online