Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Scar Vaginal Hysterectomy
Pain: Scar tissue formation is very common after surgery. Sometimes, scar tissue (adhesions) will cause pain and other times will not. If you have no pain, then there is no need to do anything. However, scar tissue is less likely to form after vaginal hysterectomy than abdominal hysterectomy. Please see your doctor if you are having any issues. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had partial vaginal hysterectomy 7 yrs ago. 3 months ago, began wrking w/ personal trainer. Can scar tissue cause gut-ripping pain. Will it bleed inter?
"Gut-ripping" bad!: Scarring or adhesions from surgery can tear with activity, and it can cause pain, although usually not bleeding. However, pain described as "gut-wrenching" sounds pretty bad. If that is continuing, you should be seen so a good history and exam can be done to give you a better answer! ...Read more
Same as any surgery: The risks include bleeding, infection, damage to bowel bladder and adjacent organs, pain , postoperative bleeding, failure to cure pain, scar formation, need for additional surgery. In the case of the lavh - there would be the risk of needing open abdominal surgery as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A defect, not a tear: The healing of a vaginal cuff after vaginal hysterectomy is not always predictable or may not be complete or smooth for several weeks after surgery. A defect in the vaginal scar may on occasions occur without symptoms but it would be rather unlikely although not impossible that a "cuff tear" would take place without bleeding ". ...Read more
I had a total vaginal hysterectomy in dec 2002. However i started bleeding 3 days ago. Any ideas as to what may have caused this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would symptoms of scar tissue be after a vaginal hysterectomy?
- Symptoms of scar tissue after hysterectomy
- Post vaginal hysterectomy infection symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Scar tissue after hysterectomy symptoms
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- How soon is it safe to masturbate after a vaginal hysterectomy?
- What could cause vaginal bleeding 2 years after a partial hysterectomy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free