Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Tracheitis
Infection of trachea: usually, antibiotics are requiredGet a more detailed answer ›
Like a cold or flu: Like a cold of flu, one should expect a viral tracheitis or viral laryngitis to be contagious from a couple of days before the start of symptoms through 5-10 days of symptoms. The period of contagiousness in one individual person is unpredictable, so if somebody needs to be extra safe, then he should stay away from the sick person until a couple of days after all symptoms are gone. ...Read more
I'm recovering from laryngo tracheitis and after 7day course of treatment I still can't stop coughing. Can this be an alergie?
Follow up visit: It is common to continue to cough for weeks. I would advise a follow up to include lung function tests and evaluation for reflux. A brief course of steroids can be used to relieve the inflammation. A virtual appt may be booked online: Healthtap.com/dosanjhMD Code: ncyhpz ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What symptoms does someone with bacterial tracheitis have?
- Prevent tracheitis
- Identify tracheitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is tracheitis contagious?
- Acute bacterial tracheitis
- Alternative treatments for tracheitis
- Does the flu cause bacterial tracheitis?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free