Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Thyroid Shutting Down
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
We have case , femal patien , age 60 years, the TSH less than 0.05 while T4 in normal range , and she has not any symptom of thyroidism , is it ok ?
Subclinical hyperthy: A low TSH with a normal T4 and no symptoms is usually subclinical hyperthyroidism. She may have a multinodular goiter that is autonomously functioning, or very early graves disease. A T3 level and free T4 level should be checked. There is a higher risk of developing atrial fibrillation despite the normal T4 level, but many endocrinologists would just follow her levels for progression. ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Symptoms of your kidneys shutting down
- Symptoms of ovaries shutting down
- Symptoms of kidney shut down
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs of liver shutting down
- What are the symptoms of a unbalanced thyroid?
- Cancer end of stage kidneys shut down
- Symptoms of not taking enough thyroid medication
- Symptoms of body shutting down from cancer