Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Pml
PML: Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy is a rapidly progressive viral infection of the brain caused by creutzfeldt jacob papova virus which affect support cells of the brain. Causes headaches, memory loss, speech & vision difficulties, changes in mental status, seizures, partial paralysis, limb weakness, incoordination, and finally coma & death. ...Read more
PML is a rare condition in which the material covering nerves in specific regions of the brain (known as white matter) are damaged. PML is due to a viral infection, and it is usually seen in individuals with a weak immune system. Symptoms are caused by the damage in the brain, and can include loss of coordination, memory loss, vision problems, and ...Read more
How often do people on "rituximab" show pml symptoms, while being treated for ttp? Does it worth to take the risk? Please answer as quick as poss.
NO: Pml is caused by the jc virus. It can lie dormant in an immunocompetent host for a lifetime. In the immunocompromised host, pml is uniformly fatal without reconstitution of the immune system. There have been several reports of antiviral agents being used to treat pml in immunocompromised states, the numbers are very limited and the treatment is not gentle. To answer your question...No. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Any symptoms of anemia
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia in your mouth?
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of scar tissue after hysterectomy
- Symptoms of imperforate hymen
- Small red itchy bumps on back of neck symptoms
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free