Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Ovulation Returning After Breastfeeding
I am breastfeeding; no return of cycle yet. I may have ovulated 1.5 weeks ago. I have preg. Symptoms, but no positive test. Can bfing cause a false neg?
No: No. Not breast feeding. But after giving birth it can take a while for your HCG level (the pregnancy hormone measured in pregnancy tests) to return to 0. Taking a pregnancy test less than 8 weeks after giving birth is frequently positive. Check with your doctor if you are concerned. 2 blood tests two weeks apart can determine if HCG level is going up (pregnant) or down (non pregnant). ...Read more
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Can I still ovulate if exclusively breastfeeding for 4mo and haven't had a cycle, what will be the signs of ovulation?
I have been on the paragard for 7months..I just recently stopped breastfeeding last week after 9 months.I had sex on my ovulation date I'm 5 days late?
Paragard: If I understand correctly you have Paragard now making pregnancy very unlikely. Also you just stooped breastfeeding so one would expect some menstrual cycle irregularity. If you think you might be pregnant check then check a home pregnancy test. They are cheap, reliable and available at any pharmacy. ...Read more
Is there a reasonable chance for me to conceive while still breastfeeding my fifteen month old baby? My cycle is regular and i ovulate.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Return of fertility symptoms in body after breastfeeding
- Return of menstruation after breastfeeding
- Do estrogen levels return to normal after breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Uti symptoms return after antibiotics
- Ovulation symptoms while breastfeeding
- Lyme disease symptoms return after treatment
- Ovulation symptoms after menopause
- Talk to a pediatrician online