Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Onychorrhexis
Just started on synthroid (finally!!!) how long before symptoms improve (cold intolerance, brittle nails, hair falling out, constipation? What side effects should I watch for or expect? How long before dose increase?
I usually advise: my thyroid patients that it may be SEVERAl WEEKS for them to notice a "difference" and THAT is when I re-check the tests at 2 weeks to begin with! The "cold intolerance " is usually the first to "respond" BE PATIENT!!! It may take several visits before your problem is "sorted out" Hope this helps! Dr Z ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have brittle nails, no libido, thin hair, cannot lose weight, frequent headaches, gassiness, and strong pam's symptoms.Any ideas what could be wrong?
Add.Symptoms-basal temp 96.9, exc. Hairloss/breakage, cold intol., low energy, weight gain, brain fog, dry skin, brittle nails, headaches, irrit.Bowel, moody.?
None: You should see your dermatologist for treatment and evaluation. This way you can find out the cause and genadur is a medication that will help. ...Read more
Biotin: Biotin (available at many pharmacies and most health food stores) will strengthen nails; about 5000 units/day should do it. Also, nail polish will protect your nails and helps prevent a recurrence of the brittle condition. Avoiding excessive contact with soap and water, and harsh chemicals, helps too. ...Read more
Yes: Biotin i usually recommend appearx brand.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia in your mouth?
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Symptoms of blood clots in hands
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of imperforate hymen
- Small red itchy bumps on back of neck symptoms
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- Symptoms of blood poisoning from tattoo
- Talk to a dermatologist online