Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Not Taking Enough Thyroid Medication
Usually not: Usually, a person with hyperthyroidism has too much thyroid hormone in her body. One would take Synthroid (thyroxine) (synthetic hormone) to make up for a lack of enough thyroid hormone due to HYPOthyroidism. A person with HYPOthyroidism who becomes hyperthyroid due to taking too high of a dose of Synthroid (thyroxine) might be asked to take Synthroid (thyroxine) (at a lower dose) even though she is temporarily hyperthyroid. ...Read more
We have case , femal patien , age 60 years, the TSH less than 0.05 while T4 in normal range , and she has not any symptom of thyroidism , is it ok ?
Subclinical hyperthy: A low TSH with a normal T4 and no symptoms is usually subclinical hyperthyroidism. She may have a multinodular goiter that is autonomously functioning, or very early graves disease. A T3 (liothyronine) level and free T4 level should be checked. There is a higher risk of developing atrial fibrillation despite the normal T4 level, but many endocrinologists would just follow her levels for progression. ...Read more
This is lab results for tsh would this indicatate hyper thyroidism 31 male gad and many symptoms like aches, itch, ect.?
(TSH 0.701 uIU/mL)
Normal: Range for most laboratoriesGet a more detailed answer ›
Not at same time: A person might be both hyper- and hypothyroid at different times in his/her life, but you can't be 'actively' both at the same time, nosiree. ...Read more
?: No established direct effect, but such deleterious drug isn't expected to be of any benefit in any condition, including psychiatric illness claimed by some to be of value, do yourself, or the person you're asking on his/her behalf, a favor, and get treated right in a detox program, good luck ...Read more
I have hashimito's thyroidism, hypothyroidism, what foods should I avoid? Am taking T4 50mg during the week, T4 75mg at weekends. Thank you.
Coffee with pills: Coffee decreases the absorption of T4, so don't drink coffee when you are taking your medicine. Otherwise, no dietary restrictions ...Read more
Thyroid Hormone and Function studies can get complicated depending on the background of the Discussants. The Labs also. For simplification: Hyper- Thyroidism is when the Thyroxine Level is High and the TSH is Low. -
And Hypo- Thyroidism is when TSH is Higher than Normal ranges . Using Globalrph: Thyroxine (Free T4) Normal Range = 0.8-2.8ng/dL
-TSH Normal Range = 0.5-4.7uU/ml ...Read more
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
Done an sgpt test and it says on the result that mine is 66 (ref: 9.00-52 u/l(h). Do i need to worry? I am drinking ptu (propylthiouracil) for my thyroidism continuously
PTU (propylthiouracil) and liver : Drugs like ptu (propylthiouracil) and Methimazole can cause liver toxicity but hyperthyroidism can also cause elevation int the liver enzyme test you had done. If your still early in your treatment and your thyroid hormone levels (free t4) is still high it could be that. Hope this helps. ...Read more
Both husband & wife is having hypo thyroidism. will that affect sexual life and is there a problem in wife getting conceived and giving birth?
Treat the disease: Not if they are appropriately treated.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor online
- How long before thyroid medicine starts working?
- Accidentally taking thyroid medication
- Can thyroid medication elevate your liver enzymes and cause pain?
- Dangers of taking flaxseed oil while taking thyroid medication
- Effects of taking too much thyroid medication
- How long does it take for thyroid medication cytomel to work?
- Is it safe to drink slim fast with thyroid trouble?
- Thyroid medication withdrawal symptoms
- When to take vitamin d when you are taking thyroid medication
- Not enough blood to the brain symptoms
- Mdma with thyroid medication
- Can i donate blood if i am taking thyroid medication?
- What if thyroid medicine taking out your hair?
- Taking thyroid medication however still having chronic constipation
- If i go on a medication for hypothyroidism like synthroid to repair a short term issue secondary to other meds will i be dependent on it for life
- I have thyroid problem and i want to do abortion
- Can thyroid issue effect your period?
- Can i take thyrois medicine while on depo provera shot?
- Ppi and thyroid medication
- Can taking thyroid medication raise fasting blood test?