Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Mold Exposure In Adults
Mold exposure: The symptoms vary depending on several factors: if the person is allergic to mold or not, the type of mold and the amount of mold exposed to. Symptoms can vary also from respiratory symptoms to more complex symptoms. This is a vague question to answer. ...Read more
Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, ...Read more
How worried should I be about two weeks of mold exposure from a mattress I slept on (not in my home)? I'm feeling the symptoms, am I at high risk?
Not specificly: Exposure to mold can make some people ill in the same way as an allergic person can become ill if they are exposed to cats, goldenrod, tumble weed, etc. For most, it does not set off a cascade of horrible decline that puts you in a casket. If concerned, see your dr. ...Read more
Not: likely because inhaled spores will be addressed by immune cells in your trachea and lung, while not directly affecting your immune cells in your gut lining. ...Read more
Hello I've been having all the symptoms of black mold exposure. Lately it's been getting worst. Chest pains and it's very hard to breathe. Everybody thinks I'm crazy when their is visible black mold on my walls. What should I do?
Allergic: Black mold is a known allergen. The symptoms you describe sound like asthma. This is a condition that must be treated. There are other common elements that can cause your symptoms like dust mites. You need to get the black mold and dust removed ASAP and make where you live safe for a patient with asthma. First and foremost you must get medication for your asthma and allergies today. Se MD for eval ...Read more
Concentration problems, headaches, and other neurologcial symptoms from toxic black mold exposure, what to do?
Move: Then go through the usual clean up,if possible. Mold has a terrible effect on some people, so get out first, and then deal with the building and all the vicissitudes of undoing and redoing your environment. There are agencies (OSHA) that can help if you have trouble with landlords.. ...Read more
~1yr black mold exposure unaware. Sinus symptoms 3 mo. Now had acute exposure; can nasal irrigation push spores deeper&risk dangerous fung infx? Or good2do?
Should be fine: Most sinus/respiratory symptoms related to mold exposure are due to an allergic type reaction as well as irritating toxins. Using irrigation to clear out the spores would help with both of these problems. Serious "invasive" fungal infections of the sinuses are rare and occur in people who have uncontrolled diabetes or severely suppressed immune systems. "Black mold" does not cause these infections ...Read more
Allergy: Fears over "black mold" exposure have made lawyers rich but I do not know a single pathologist who believes there's a real, definable disease from this particular species. However, quite a few people are allergic to spores of molds and bacteria, and these can produce either "hay fever" type problems or a treacherous hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It's best to keep molds under control, but not panic ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Everyone does: Mold exposure is very common. Every time you are outside you get some mold exposure. In fact, most mold exposure is outdoors, not indoors. Mold is found in grass, leaves, compost, mulch, and may be stirred up the wind or by activities like mowing, raking, or sweeping. Indoor mold is the result of a damp indoor environment. To reduce mold indoors the source of the moisture has to be eliminated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mold: Mold exposure depends on the duration of exposure, there is no set level that determines a dangerous or hazardous level but chronic exposure can lead to respiratory problems. ...Read more
Is it possible for mold exposure in the home to cause some members to be mildly ill and others to be severly and chronicly ill?
Absolutely: Positively yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Leave the area: First step in treating toxic mold exposure is to leave the affected environment if possible. Then you need to detox from the mycotoxins that make you toxic. If you would like more information please schedule a consult. ...Read more
Possibly: There are many (hundreds, thousands) types of mold. Many molds excrete substances which can be toxic to various body systems, of which skeletal muscle is one. ...Read more
BELOW: Could be caused by coughing or sneezing but not by just having exposure to mold ...Read more
Varies: This would vary depending on the sensitivity of the person involved with the dose of the exposue being a factor as well. I would expect that removal of all exposure to the black mold as well as providing for elimination of other inciting factors such as dust, dustmites for symptoms to be resolved within 2 to 4 weeks if not sooner. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- Signs and symptoms of mold exposure
- Exposure to black mold symptoms
- What are the symptoms of black mold exposure?
- Symptoms of toxic black mold exposure
- Signs and symptoms of toxic mold exposure
- Health symptoms from mold exposure
- Symptoms of black mold exposure in children
- Signs and symptoms of black mold exposure
- Symptoms of mold exposure