Doctor insights on:
Symptoms Of Maculopathy
I had perfect vision till i got heating fuel in eye.I have been pretty much blind since.Docs say focal maculopathy.So how come no symptoms til fuel?
Not really: In solar maculopathy, focused sunlight has destroyed some light receptive cells in a discrete area - in this case in the central vision area. These cells, if destroyed, do not reproduce and will be lost permanently. Hopefully it is in one eye only and there will then be compensation. But proper testing will detect the missing vision spot. ...Read more
Vision Loss: Diabetic retinopathy is due to years of diabetes, often less than optimally controlled, which results in damage to retina blood vessels. Maculopathy is due to abnormal leaky blood vessels which waterlog the retina and impair visual function. Treatment options include laser, vitrectomy, and anti vegf injections into the eye. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
None: This is usually treated in the offices of retinal specialists. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia in your mouth?
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Symptoms of blood clots in hands
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of imperforate hymen
- Small red itchy bumps on back of neck symptoms
- Symptoms of ovarian cyst after partial hysterectomy
- Symptoms of blood poisoning from tattoo
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free